I don’t know about you, but I have had several hard drives crash. When that happens, what do you do? I had to take the computer to a someone who could retrieve all of my information, pictures, tax returns, and music. I was charged a tidy sum, but another time, they were actually not able to retrieve my data! As a result, I lost all of my important documents, pictures, MP3 files, and all of the other wonderful files you have saved on your computer.
GoodSync synchronizes and backs up files such as photos, financial documents, MP3s, and e-mails between desktops, laptops, servers, and external drives.
GoodSync is the latest software in a series of highly reliable, easy-to-use products from Siber Systems, also the makers of RoboForm. It uses an innovative synchronization algorithm that offers true bi-directional ,synchronization.
- True Bi-Directional Synchronization
GoodSync can automatically detect and synchronize creation, deletion, and all other changes, made by the user in folders, subfolders, and files.
- One-Way Synchronization Provides an Easy Backup Solution
Easy to setup One-Way Synchronization provides an easy and reliable backup solution.
- Deletions Are Propagated — Or Not
GoodSync can propagate your file deletions, even through a chain of Syncs.
Deletion Propagation can be turned off for 1-way Backup jobs.
- User-Initiated and Real-Time Sync
User-Initiated: Analyze Changes, user reviews changes, Sync to commit changes.
Real-Time: files that have changed are synced immediately, or after custom delay.
See On File Change option in Job Options.
- Block-Level Delta Copy
GoodSync can send over only changed blocks of big files, thus greatly improving transfer speed. GoodSync Connect P2P must be used for this to work.
- File and Folder Move/Rename Detection
GoodSync detects file/folder renames and executes them as Move commands.
- Conveyor in TCP/IP achieves Line Speed
Even on a single thread, GoodSync Connect achieves line speed in file copy,
due to use of conveyerization techniques that use TCP/IP sockets to capacity.
- Parallel Threads
You can run sync in several threads, working in parallel, therefore, achieving faster file transfer speed.
- Verify File Copying by MD5
GoodSync can compare files by their MD5 checksum or compare entire file bodies to ensure correct copying.
- Options: GoodSync can synchronize files located on a PC, Mac, smartphone, tablet, hard drive, network, USB, FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, or Amazon S3. The synchronization is done locally, through a network or also through the internet.
- Convenience: You can automate the syncing process at a given time of day or when a particular system action occurs, like when a USB drive is inserted or during system startup.
- Unparalleled Technology: •GoodSync’s sophisticated algorithm and bit-by-bit synchronization ensures complete accuracy and also protects against data loss. GoodSync is scalable enough to withstand synchronization jobs ranging from five files to five million files without fail.
- No Monthly Fees: Unlike many other backup solutions, we do not charge monthly fees for backups.