- Lost your list of contacts.
- Wanted to contact an old friend from high school or college.
- Experienced a harassing (“prank”) caller.
- Had an unknown phone number appear on your phone bill.
- Received a “missed call” on your caller ID that you did not recognize.
- Needed to verify an address.
Well, now you can make this search easier by using Phone Detective, a reverse phone lookup service!
A “reverse” phone lookup, is much like a traditional phone lookup (i.e. directory assistance or a phone book search) but, instead of searching with a name to find a phone number, you search with a phone number. The intent is to trace a telephone back to it’s owner, location and identify other information about the number. A reverse phone lookup is often used when caller id is ineffective or additional information is desired about a caller.
PhoneDetective is a caller ID application that covers landline numbers, cell phones, and business lines in the United States. The way it works is simple:
- Enter a phone number into the search box (you can begin a search here)
- Preview your results (basic information about the number, such as city/state)
- Pay to view full results (name and address of owner, if available)
- Phone owner name
- Current street address
- Line type – landline or mobile
- Phone company / carrier
- Issuing location with map
- Previous addresses
The PhoneDetective members area gives you additional access to millions of public records, including:
- Unlimited reverse phone lookups (for landline and listed numbers)
- Unlimited people search (for addresses, household members, and phone numbers)
- Discounted criminal record searches and background reports